“Healing is an art. It takes time, it takes practice. It takes love.”
Come nourish all aspects of your well being – social, mental, spiritual, physical & emotional. During our time together, we will create sacred space to slow down, recover, and reconnect with our authentic selves. We will move beyond “self-care” and focus on developing sustainable healing practices that help us thrive, not just survive.
As people of color, we often find ourselves navigating whiteness, white spaces, and a toxic culture. We are positioned to caretake and evade our own healing due to structural & cultural racism. This retreat will explore how internalized oppression impacts our mind, heart, spirit and physical body, both individually and as a collective group of people of color.
The weekend will be steeped in many offerings, including but not limited to:
- Building a collective altar, grounding in purpose, and setting intentions that align with our higher selves.
- Noticing and naming how toxic culture impacts our well-being.
- Exercises to reflect & reconnect with self, including journaling, creating art, and more.
- Meditation, yoga, and heart-centered rituals at dawn and dusk to align the body, breath, heart, and mind with the light of the day.
- Cleansing practices to clear and align our energy.
- Rituals to connect with ancestors, culture, and traditions.
- And more…group discussions, walks outside, naps, quiet time, as your heart desires
- Meals cooked by members and facilitators from our group. In your registration form, please let us know if we need to accommodate other dietary needs so you feel fully nourished. Ample amounts of tea and snacks will also be offered.
When: Friday, June 7th (noon arrival) through Sunday, June 9th (noon departure)
Where: Welches, OR
Cost: $450 per person (shared room) or $550 per person (single room)
Who: 10 people of color wanting to build & deepen healing practices***
What to Bring: List will be emailed after registering.
Register here: https://goo.gl/forms/3cj1OP65jkTMMJv72
Payment and cancellation policy:
- Early Bird ends April 15, 2019.
- Cancellations on or before May 20th (roughly two weeks before retreat): You will forfeit a cancellation fee of $100. The remainder of your payment will be refunded to you.
- Cancellations on or after May 20th (roughly two weeks before retreat): 50% of your payment will be refunded to you.
**Please note we intend to accommodate all and can discuss financial options individually — please complete the registration form to learn more.
***We are inviting people of color to participate in this retreat. We are not holding space for white people in this particular retreat. If there are any questions, please contact Michelle (email@example.com).
Michelle creates healing spaces in many different ways working with individuals and groups. She leads anti-racism trainings, yoga workshops focused on the intersection of justice and yoga and offers intuitive healing sessions to support social justice workers, healers and activists who are on the front lines and struggling with how to sustain themselves as they do their good work in the world.
Marisol is a healer, social worker, & racial equity facilitator. Her healing journey is informed by curanderismo, Mexican and indigenous healing practices passed down from her parents and grandparents. She believes in healing that honors the connection between our physical body, mental well-being, and spirituality. Currently, she leads leadership development and racial equity trainings that transform hearts, minds, and organizations.